21 Jan, 2020
Really disappointed on the overall quality provided by Samara.
I will outline most of my experience from moving in.
They do not warn you about the problems of living in their property and just show you around into viewing as many properties as possible with what facilities are/are not available.
1) Infested with Silverfish; they have been coming weekly (this is even when i ensure cleanliness daily they come into the property and this is also a ‘refurbished’ property. I have got rid of at least 100+ since i have moved in (not joking) and yet i have another 4-5 weekly to deal with.
1) Other insects also appear to come in from their poor construction of the property. This includes spiders, bee’s, moths, mosquito’s and cockroaches. And worst case is having to see them during the night when others are sleeping. I could talk about what problems this causes to me and how it affects my health.
2) Maintenance reporting is another con; they delay fixing issues and their workers are not professionals either. They hire some cheap workers and leave a mess upon leaving the property, which ‘i’ as the tenant have to clean up!! This includes dirt on the floor and they wear their shoes when entering the toilet room and get all the main floor dirty upon leaving.
3) When it comes to seeking advice, they are not willing to do anything physically, just sit in their office and send automated advice messages which they of course forward to all their tenants which shows how lazy they can be to even bother to give a good reply when messaging about a problem.
4) Their own agent area had cobwebs in the top corners of the room; just shows majority of their properties have the same issue of creatures coming in.
5) Last week the fire alarm goes off, so none of the staff members are present to monitor the properties and all tenants vacate the building in the cold weather waiting to hope it goes off. Tenants were waiting for at least 30 minutes till It automatically goes off since no staff arrived when the fire alarm was constantly going. This happens during examination term as well, i had an exam the next day and had to wait for this fire alarm to go off. -_-
Worst comes to worse that their was a fire and they didn’t care to check to see what’s up. Another tenant had to call a Samara staff member about the fire alarm going off upon waiting 20 odd minutes which shows the lack of attention Samara had in regards to taking care of this situation.
6) There was an unauthorized visit once to the property by someone with no notification; there were traces to be found on the floor due to dirt being noticeable.
7) I pay so much money; over £600 a month and this is the poor service i get overall. I been here for my second year and they increased the price for the property hoping things would get better; however it’s been getting worse!
I could also mention a lot more to emphasize my point about Samara; however the other reviews are clear enough. I wish that i had known that these negative reviews existed before i was looking; as there is no lie in regards to most of them.
I would not recommend this place to people; unless you want to deal with stress and some sleepless nights.